Do you know what the Teen Anxiety Symptoms are?
This list is by no means all exhaustive, however, it will give you an idea of what to look for if you suspect that your teen might be experiencing anxiety.
Teen Anxiety Symptoms
- Complaints of stomach pains, gastro-intestinal distress.
- Struggling to go to sleep or stay asleep.
- Changes in eating habits – eating much more or much less than they normally have.
- Racing heart.
- Muscle pain or tension.
- Mood swings.
- Crying jags.
- Angry outbursts.
- Difficulty focusing or concentrating. (Especially when previously able to do so.)
- Increased worry, especially about unlikely events.
- Panic attacks.
- Being increasingly harder on themselves for mild mistakes.
- Inability to handle disappointment.
- Fear of change.
- Withdrawal from social activities.
- Worrying about others’ perception of themselves or their actions.
- Avoiding interaction with others to a greater degree