Since you asked, here are some of my favorite qualities of the people I work with. Take a look and see if you can find yourself on the list:
- Bright people who are able to recognize a problem when they see one (believe it or not, this is half the battle)
- Courageous people:
1. willing to confront their fears;
2. who put themselves first, while understanding that the only way to help others is by first helping themselves;
3. who are sick and tired of going in circles and who take risks because they realize that whatever it is they have been doing is no longer working;
4. who open themselves to new possibilities and perspectives of seeing the world;
5. who are not afraid to test and challenge their therapist and are willing to bring anything and everything to their therapy session –no matter how terrible those things might seem.
- People curious about themselves, willing to explore and discover themselves in an honest manner.
- Resilient and determined people willing to take responsibility for their choices and their lives rather than accepting to be a victim of their circumstances.